[App_rpt-users] VPN + Mikrotik

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:03:59 UTC 2016

Has anybody had any luck with setting up a VPN client on their AllStar box
and hooking into a MikroTik router? I have the mikrotik router configured
with a PPTP VPN server with my MacBook and a windows PC hooking up just
fine to the network.

I've been trying for days to get the Raspbian based AllStar distro to
connect reliably. Currently, I can sometimes get it to connect, and others
it spits out errors :
LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests.
About 20% of the time, the VPN actually conects. On my mac, it connects
100% of the time.

Tried it on a friends Raspberry pi, on on a laptop with Ubuntu installed,
and even tried to connect to other PPTP VPN services including VPNbook. I
am using the pptp-linux software package.

I am getting the same problems, sometimes, I can connect the, but if I try
stopping the VPN and starting it back up, it will not connect and give me
the errors.

I am having problems using the MikroTik as an openVPN server as well.

Is there anybody who has had luck with PPTP on their node?

Thanks
Skyler KD0WHB