[App_rpt-users] Voter delay and Asterisk question

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 02:02:33 UTC 2016

Further on my previous post to the board..

Has anyone used a BG7TBL GPS as a timing device for a voter board?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121530825744
I see it delivers NMEA output, but the 1PPS spec is Square Wave 3.3Vpp.

This concerns me as I read on this post -
http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2016-March/013786.html

That the RTCM/Voter boards require 5V coming in on the 1PPS line. Has
anyone had it working? This would be a good alternative to the Garmin GPS
units as it also gives me the 10MHz I need to lock my transmitter on
frequency. Another benefit is that only the GPS antenna is exposed to the
weather elements rather than the whole GPS unit of a Garmin.

The cable run for our GPS unit will be about 10 metres or so. Has anyone
had any issues extending the cable length of a Garmin 18x LVC unit?

Hayden