[App_rpt-users] Connecting several sites together on a hub using link radios

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Fri Aug 26 09:48:34 UTC 2016

Hi guys... I am in the midst of deploying a 5 site system. All of the sites
with the exception of my own will be using link radios sitting on the
repeater pair, some sites do not have internet access so this is the only
option. Each node will be permalinked to our hub.

What we discovered when we brought site number 3 online was the dreaded
"ping-pong" effect, and I did some digging and found out about the
rxondelay parameter, that seems to be the place to start with this.

The other option we are considering is dropping the hang time off each
repeater and using app_rpt to do hang time and courtesy tones instead
(duplex = 1 instead of 0) but not sure that would work real well or be
optimal.

Anyone have any experience with a setup like this that can offer some
advice? This is my first foray into this unfortunately, I've always just
interfaced the radio or repeater directly to app_rpt in the past or through
a controller so it's been a bit of a challenge.

73
Stephen
K1LNX