[App_rpt-users] Connecting several sites together on a hub using link radios

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Fri Aug 26 17:08:18 UTC 2016

> what you need to do is put the repeater in external mode (shorting a pin
> to ground) and then use the flat audio in and out on the db-15 connector in
> the back.
>
> there are pins for ptt and cos.
>
> A nice little RPI and a URI-X and you have yourself a first class
> controler for that repeater

I have considered this... but we have one site that has no internet access
and a linking radio is the only option we have. I am also worried about
potential lockups of the repeater as these will be running in AMS mode. I
think this has gotten corrected in the recent firmware release, but we do
have one that has an older release and didn't want to take a chance on
that. I do agree though, this is the optimal way to go. The only caveat I
see with that is the potential for the digital hash to be fed into the USB
interface and propagated across the network when the repeater is in C4FM
mode.

73
Stephen
K1LNX