[App_rpt-users] Connecting several sites together on a hub using link radios

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Aug 26 18:03:17 UTC 2016

I agree that you *must* have a reliable way to control the hardware
remotely--internal watchdogs are helpful, but not foolproof; I'm speaking
from hard learned experience here with Ubiquiti radios, various SBC's and
even one occasionally cantankerous Kenwood repeater I manage. ...Of
course, this is an FCC requirement, too.

Otherwise, the RPi3 can make a nifty, inexpensive stand-alone controller.
If you're able to use duplex=3 mode, there is zero audio delay thru the
sound FOB/URI/RIM, etc.

On a final note for now, make sure the turn the TX power WAY down on those
DR-1X repeaters and keep them cool. I understand they are prone to heat
issues from ham conversations, which are almost always high-duty-cycle,
particularly in a full-time linked system.

73, David KB4FXC