[App_rpt-users] RTCM & Thunderbolt "GPS Waiting for acquisition"

Jesse Lloyd ve7lyd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 22:40:04 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'm attempting to get an RTCM and Trimble Thunderbolt E to talk. I'm using
TSIP for the connection.

Using debug level 14 I see "GPS Receiver Active, waiting for acquisition"

Using debug level of 40 I can see packets coming in "DEBUG: TSIP: ok, 0, 9
- 14: 00 00 04 00 00 00

When I use Trimbles software "TrimbleStudio" I can see that the GPS's mode
is "3-D, Auto"; its Status is "doing  position fixes"; its Almanac is
"complete & current". I can see the Lat/Lon and Altitude updating, and 6
satellites are being used for a position fix. It's in monitor mode TSIP
9600 8N1.

I can't figure out why the Trimble software says everything is good, but
the RTCM says the GPS is waiting for acquisition.

Any ideas? Is there a debug level in the RTCM that might provide more
information?

Thanks,

Jesse