[App_rpt-users] 2 nodes using DIAL on a RPI2

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Fri Jan 1 15:30:09 UTC 2016

On 30/12/2015 8:47 AM, Ramesh Dhami wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Can you have 2 nodes on a RPI2, one with app_rpt (full DSP capabilities, full duplex) and the second with chan_simple_usb - simplex?
>
> The last time I tried this with ACID, it didn't let me use both channel drivers simultaneously, i had to choose one or the other.

<--- Hi All:  Just an update to my own post, based on some experimenting
and factual experience....

It is indeed possible to mix channel drivers chan_usbradio AND
chan_simpleusb) - no issues whatsoever!

I have in fact, now added a third full duplex repeater system using
chan_usbradio.

So my arrangement is now:

2 full duplex repeaters (using chan_usbradio / DSP capabilities) and 1
simplex node using chan_simpleusb.

Best wishes for 2016.

Cheers!

Ramesh.