[App_rpt-users] Wireless ISP help

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Jul 11 11:33:29 UTC 2016

Skyler,

Okay, sounds like you may be able to obtain a static, public IP address
from the ISP by calling tech support. If that is true, just configure your
node or router for static mode (not DHCP) and enter the public IP, netmask
and gateway and you should be good to go.

Perhaps the ISP has their system configured to hand out private IP
addresses to users querying for an address via DHCP. Since you were
initially setup for DHCP, you got a private, dynamic IP....

If you can get a public IP, that's certainly simpler than needing to use
some form of VPN or tunnel. If you can't obtain a public IP, the
VPN/tunnel method will work as a fallback plan.

73, David KB4FXC