[App_rpt-users] RTCM Simulcast question

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Mon Jun 6 16:56:57 UTC 2016

Please don't flame me.

I have a friend who used to work in the paging industry. When I talked to
him about simulcast he was telling me about the paging industry the pains
they went thru. He was saying that they used all of the same transmitters
made around the same time. A signal can go from point A to B in transmitter
a different lengths of time.

He basically told me the same thing, that go do it and enjoy. He just
warned me about PL sync and all of the details to getting it right. He just
said at the end of the day that he was confident I could get it to work,
but probably will not be satisfied with the results.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812, 42086, 42658, 42657
www.radioguysrepeaternetwork.com