[App_rpt-users] USB Sound Dongle Challenges

Steve Wright info at meshnetworks.co.nz
Fri Mar 18 04:40:35 UTC 2016

On 18/03/16 15:56,

Thor Wiegman <n7jct at aplaceonthe.net>

@ohnosec.org wrote:

> [....] why limit ourselves to using the audio chip for digital I/O?
>

> For Pi and all others why not a USB relay board?  [....]
>   some USB I/O boards for about $5 that give 16 pins, your
> choice of input or output on each.  If these could be adapted then
> chan_simpleusb could be used and the radio can provide COR and CTCSS.

Yup, while it was cool before, but now that USB I/O is just not
required.  The little single board PCs are a far better proposition than
a retired white-box, in almost every way, unless you don't want to pay
$50 for a repeater controller.

The quad-core RPI3 and it's kin are the new easy, with so so so much I/O
on board, and it's crazy-easy to use it.

What else can we put in software on these boards?  MPPT controller?

Steve