[App_rpt-users] Help Tuning Stats Server

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Tue May 10 23:52:44 UTC 2016

Hey Folks,

Check out the new stats server. It's working much, much better. Very fast
now. Be sure to check out bubble chart's new look. Good examples are
http://stats.allstarlink.org/getstatus.cgi?2135 and
http://stats.allstarlink.org/getstatus.cgi?2560

It's still a work in progress and it would be great if everybody banged on
it to <http://stats.allstarlink.org> see how it does under load. We know
the PTT time isn't always updated properly. If you see any other bugs
please let us know. A post here is good.

A big thank you to David KB4FXC for his work getting Apache tuned and
tweaking the db and programs, to Jim WB6NIL for providing the new server
and restored backups and to all of you for your patience during the outage.
There's more work yet to be done but were real close to wrapping up this
project.

BTW, Jim is out of the hospital :-)

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Tim Sawyer <tisawyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> While Jim is in the hospital I'm attempting to get the new stats server
> working. But I'm out of my element here and need help.
>
> The new server is getting killed by all the status updates and requests.
> I'm not sure if Apache is to blame or if the server can't provide enough
> threads or just what the problem is. It looks like there is plenty of free
> memory.
>
> If you have experience with high volume CGI applications on Debian/Ubuntu
> please email me.
>
> --
> Tim

Tim