[App_rpt-users] DIAL Help Please

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Sat Oct 8 12:39:11 UTC 2016

Good Morning!  I swapped PCs yesterday on my repeater, and now a big
problem.  Please, I need some help from  DIAL Wizards.

The critical problem is the RX audio does not get transmitted, but all
other audio paths seem to work.  Additional information ...

1.  iaxRpt connects normally, and plays at normal level audio from the
RX, also transmitting  from iaxRpt goes to the TX at a normal level

2.  Links to other repeaters, no problem to hear distant audio, but RX
audio is not sent to the distant repeater (but goes out on other IAX links)

3.  Playing audio files from app-rpt are heard on the transmitter at
normal levels.

Configuration ...

i)  RX is discriminator audio to URI, no COS/COR/PL signaling

ii) TX is voice audio and a separate PL audio mixed in the radio.

Process ...

A.  I took a second PC and loaded DIAL.

B.  I updated files in /etc/asterisk

C.  usbradio_tune_usb42316.conf  and patched in the new devstr, but left
all the levels the same

D.  usbradio_tune_usb42316.conf ... I noted the new  "fever=1" (and have
tried it at values 0 and 1) but have found no documentation for fever.

E.  I swapped the new PC for the old PC ... same URI, Ethernet, etc.
... It worked, but I missed the RX to TX loss problem during the install.

F.  Note, when you unkey the courtesy tone, tail messages, etc. play

Thinking ...

a.  It is like the DSP PL is not working but I am using the same config
I did under ACID

b.  Setting  rxctcssoverride = 1 does not change the operation.

ANY information about necessary changes between ACID and DIAL, or just
proper DIAL operation appreciated.  I would hate to have to reinstall
the ACID based PC.

...STeve - KF5VH