[App_rpt-users] Node connection via cellular modem and OpenVPN anyone?

Barry g8sau at sidx.org.uk
Sat Oct 22 08:58:19 UTC 2016

At 09:36 22/10/2016, Matt Beasant wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I need to run a node over a cellular data connection and have managed to
>get hold of a couple of Teltonika RUT105 3G modems:

Better off using a Mikrotik router board with an LTE card then do pptp to
some internet safe IP space.

This is what I do to connect my GB3EI Node in the Outer Hebrides. works well.

I can give you a config if required.

Problem with 3/4G dongle is they do Internal NAT and you cant do the port
forwarding.

Barry GM8SAU