[App_rpt-users] Fail portal download

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Fri Sep 30 17:09:42 UTC 2016

Chris,

This is buried at the bottom of : https://allstarlink.org/getstarted.html

"The first time a server is downloaded must be done manualy with the
'download-portalconfig' script that was supplied with your ACID or Limey
Linux distrubution. The script downloads a script from the configuration
server, then runs that script, which asks for your Portal username and
password, and prompts you to select which 'Server' you wish to download
(or not, if you only have one), and then verifies that you want to
proceed with the download, and then performs the download and the
configuration of your system. Once downloaded, you must at least
re-start Asterisk, or better yet, just reboot your system.

Once the first manual download has successfully occurred, you can use
the 'Download Server' option from the Portal's 'Server' drop-down menu.
This causes the server to download the configruation, configure the
system accordingly, and restarts Asterisk."

(Note spelling errors are entirely the work of the portal, not mine) :)

-Stacy

KG7QIN