[App_rpt-users] Disable the TXENA

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:57:12 UTC 2016

Correct, but remote base mode will not execute certain commands that normal
mode will execute like the cop functions. How am I supposed to steer my
custom radio in remote base mode, if I can't execute custom commands. Thats
why the node I set up on Blue Mountain out of a 40 channel GM300 is built
off of a normal node.

Skyler

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Monty <monty at ke7jvx.com> wrote:

> When in "Remote Base" mode, the node is essentially dead, will not respond
> or do any commands unless another node is connected to it.  Maybe that is
> why you are having issues?
>

> Monty
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Skyler F <electricity440 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Monty, first, I meant rptena (my version says txena) but I
>> haven't been able to fix that issue, but isn't a really big deal.
>>
>> If I can run shell scrips from a remote base node, I'm all for using that
>> functionality. I haven't been able to get cmd to work from it, however.
>>
>> Remote VHF - 42622
>> Remote UHF - 40764
>>

>> On Thursday, September 29, 2016, Monty <monty at ke7jvx.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Skyler,
>>>
>>> Not sure if you ever got a solution for this issue.  I was thinking
>>> along the lines Corey was.  If you set this node up as a traditional "Dumb"
>>> remote base, then when you go into Command Mode (*4) of that node, the
>>> remote base will not transmit.  That way you don't have to use the part of
>>> your script the enables and disables your transmitter.  Here's a overview
>>> of how to make it a traditional remote base:
>>>
>>> *rpt.conf:*
>>>
>>> [1234]
>>> rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb        ; Set for your receive channel / device
>>> remote=y                         ; Set as "Dumb" node, as your script will handle the channel changes
>>> functions=functions-remote       ; Wherever your functions live

electricity440 at gmail.com