[App_rpt-users] Need help - Unexplained noise at startup or asterisk restart

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Fri Apr 14 14:55:52 UTC 2017

If I had to take a guess, it is that your COR or PTT lines from your Pi controller arrangement are normally low or whichever state (not an electronics guy) that it is not in until the apparatus is initialized by bringing the system online. App_rpt can generate some noises at startup, like, an announcement, IP address playout, etc, and it could sound like noise if this is blown way out with your tx volume way up to compensate for RX being too low, but, then your courtesy tones or other things would sound like exploding static as well.

I have run into the line thing trying to retro this in place of a device with an embedded controller or modifications that were made by others in the past. Maybe that is it?

Adam
KC2YQF