[App_rpt-users] RTCM/Voter pulse noise

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 09:20:56 UTC 2017

An update - I think I've inadvertently fixed the issue.
My radio did not need a lot of drive where I was feeding in my audio. About
70mV @ 1KHz to deviate 3KHz. As a result, the TX pot on the VOTER board was
too course when setting the deviation level. I inserted a 4:1 voltage
divider to give the pot more resolution. After setting my deviation level,
I noticed that the "pulse" noise had almost disappeared on my service
monitor (no de-emph). On my radio and with the service monitor (de-emph) it
had disappeared.... so it appears that having the voter board TX level set
low means that noise can be picked up and put on the audio output.

Now to move onto the next issue :)