[App_rpt-users] Audio Clicking

lengriff at optimum.net lengriff at optimum.net
Tue Oct 17 13:44:27 UTC 2017

The ETSNJ runs 2 repeaters on a Raspberry Pi using an ultra high speed SD-card. After a restart, the repeaters are fine for 2-3 weeks, then we begin hearing a clicking sound on the audio. As time goes on, this progresses until the clicking becomes brief audio interruptions. It seems like something is using up processor cycles, causing re-clocking of the audio stream. I know that clearing the log file helps, but the symptoms will still appear over time. I have been restarting Asterisk once a week to keep the audio clean, but there is still some audio dropouts at times. Does anyone have an idea about what could be causing this?