[App_rpt-users] Can't link to AWS hosted AllStar Hub

BOB MEYER bmeyer2929 at cox.net
Mon Apr 23 18:46:24 UTC 2018

Many thanks to those that responded. I didn't know about the tcpdump cmd, so thanks for the tip. I am indeed receiving udp 4569 traffic on the AWS-based node. I also added the 5060 udp port, and tried tcpdump 'udp 5060' but saw no traffic on that port. I don't think SIP is enabled by default on AllStar, and had seen no recommendations in the setup info, but thought it worth a try.

An additional bit of info: When the connection from a radio-based node fails, the CLI on it shows a message about "Auto-congesting call due to slow response". The same radio-based node can connect to other nodes, such as 2000, with no problem. I assume now, that the firewall/port configuration is not the issue, but something else. I see there are several wait timings in the rpt.conf file. I not sure if one of those is related to giving up too soon when the connection is attempted.

Any other thoughts as to what might be going on? Has anyone been successful on another VPS?

Thanks in advance,
Bob KF5TVG