[App_rpt-users] [AllStar #602] 71.95.13.254 blacklisted

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Aug 13 22:42:56 UTC 2018

On 8/13/18 4:40 PM, C B wrote:
> I do not see how a failed attempt to register should result in being
> banned.

You're IP is hitting the registration server, about 50 times per minute with
many invalid registration attempts.  As this never registers, it immediately
starts again.  This ties up resources on the server.

> Having checked all of the private nodes uncovered nothing new. i
> attempted to work with the all star team, however my request for more info
> and or guidance have gone unanswered other than to tell me to check every
> node as i have checked  the private nodes it could be a waist of time to
> check the 45 to 50 nodes behind my firewall as the problem may not be
> obvious.

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas."

God forbid you'd invest a scintilla of your own time in solving your own
problems.  Please, expect volunteers solve your problems for you, on your own
network, with no charge.

I've given you a bunch of pointers, yet you're still over here complaining
about it.  If you're going to run 30 servers behind NAT, you can't expect
anyone external to tell you which one(s) is(are) broken.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net