[App_rpt-users] Allstarlink newbie

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Tue Dec 4 18:06:50 UTC 2018

Well Marco,

I may not have a good answer for you but a answer.

It seems you are trying to 'roll your own' on a Pi.

I don't think I can help with those OS choices on a Pi. Unknown to me.

You are no doubt suffering from the lack of sound support in your system.

Same as our default image if you do not put a hold on the kernel headers
before updating.

(yes we are using older versions of the kernel till a fix come for sound
support)

I can only suggest you use the SD burnable image file located

http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Stretch/

and follow this guide

http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Stretch/ASL_1.01-20180228-armhf-raspbian-stretch-image.readme

However, if you really want to keep pushing forward from where you are,
I suggest this read.

http://enhanced.github.io/2018/08/ASL_With_ALSA

But the question is still out there if someone has got this to work on
your OS. So perhaps a better answer will come.

...mike/kb8jnm