[App_rpt-users] Icom FR 5000 repeater - URI - Alllstarlink node

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Dec 8 22:40:13 UTC 2018

All connections good except for the red one in question.

Change 22  to pin 21 on the FR 5000 and program the I/O pin 21 as an
output. Then assign  function "Analog audible" .
set logic to LOW.

This will give you an analog COR that is active low when the receiver is
active-should you require it.

Program I/O pin 19 to an input and select "EPTT" as its function and set
the logic to LOW.

This will make this pin an external ptt.

In you uri set up set the following:

[usb1999]

hdwtype=0
rxboost=1
txboost=1
rxctcssrelax=1
txctcssdefault=103.5
rxctcssfreqs=103.5
txctcssfreqs=103.5
;rxctcssoverride=0
carrierfrom=dsp
ctcssfrom=dsp
rxdemod=flat
txprelim=no
txlimonly=yes
txtoctype=phase
txmixa=voice
txmixb=no
invertptt=0
duplex=1
rxondelay=0
rxnoisefiltype=0
eeprom=0
plfilter=yes

This will set you up using dsp for squelch detection and dsp for rx tone
detection.

This setup requires the Icom to be programmed to transmit the ctcss tone
(if desired). the URI will only send Voice to the Icom.

Calibrate your RXnoise, RXvoice and RXtone. Then set TX Voice.

Save your settings.

If your squelch is open type this at the prompt:

repeater*CLI> radio tune rxsquelch
Current Signal Strength is 681
Current Squelch setting is 500

if your squelch setting is below your signal strength, set the squelch
to something about 25 points above the current signal strength.

repeater*CLI> radio tune rxsquelch 700
press enter.

Save settings.

This set up will require a ctcss tone of 103.5 Hz to access the receive.

Also, if you intend to use the allstar node to repeat then set the
channel in the repeater to "duplex" .
This is to ensure the allstar node is repeating and not the Icom.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jon VA3RQ