[App_rpt-users] Net Install Problem

Gary Bonebrake w5bi at amsat.org
Sun Dec 9 16:43:46 UTC 2018

Greetings,

After several years of successful Asterisk repeater operation using
Centos (node 27610), I have decided to move into the 21st century and
update to Debian/Allstar/Asterisk. Sounded like a great project to
attack over the holidays. I dug up an identical HP dc5100 PC, same as
current repeater controller, for the new system. It has one CDROM drive
and many USB ports.

The install .ISO file on the AllstarLink website is too big for a CD, so
I created a bootable thumbdrive and forced my PC to boot from that.
After the install completes and shuts down, I remove the thumbdrive and
restart the PC. It comes up with the repeater prompt, but does not
continue the installation of Asterisk. There exists no "asterisk.sh".

I would appreciate guidance on how to proceed.

BTW, the user "repeater" has no privileges and unknown password
("allstarlink" does not work).

Thanks

Gary W5BI