[App_rpt-users] Allstar Node

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Dec 26 23:39:57 UTC 2018

WHAT???  In the USA, copyright law is the ONLY thing that matters! Wow.

So, what happens if a supposed copyright owner shows up 10 years from now
and says:  "That code or function (or whatever) was never GPL2 and should
never have been released!" ---and they have reasonable proof??? In the
best case, it'll be innocent infringement and yes, you'll be settling in
or out of court. Oh wait, I've been there. Got that tee shirt.  Don't need
another one.

This is one reason why Digium requires a contributor agreement. When you
sign that legal agreement, you state that the code you're providing is
your own and not from any other sources.

Why is my simple request an insurmountable issue??

Enough for today. Other fish to fry.

73, David KB4FXC