[App_rpt-users] Connectivity issues

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Jun 23 18:26:40 UTC 2018

We've seen some interesting connectivity issues for ATT users recently.  The
most recent was some sort of ALG proxy on anything destined to udp/4569.  This
appears to intercept registration traffic and then selectively forward it on.
I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

Last weekend ATT stopped allowing one of the subnets for the stats server in
their routing table too.  That was a bit easier to troubleshoot and easier to
reach someone on their backbone with clue.  The stats server isn't a critical
part of the network either.

If you're having any issues, please try registration on port 4566.

I'll stress again, this really isn't an AllStar issue, it's a crappy ISP
breaking the internet issue.  There's not much the admin team can do if your
ISP isn't going to route packets properly :(

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net