[App_rpt-users] Node time out

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Fri Mar 2 20:12:22 UTC 2018

David:

Investigate this,  it may help ...

; RECEIVER INACTIVITY TIMER for LINKED NODES
;lnkactenable = 0                       ; Set to 1 to enable the link
activity timer. Applicable to standard nodes only.
;lnkacttime = 3900                      ; Link activity timer time in
seconds.
;lnkactmacro = *5100                    ; Macro to execute when link
activity timer expires.
;lnkacttimerwarn=/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/KF5VH-AS1/ann60        ;
Message to play when the link activity timer has 30 secs left

located in rpt.conf ... when enabled it seems it works like ... after
linking, when the local rx gets a signal, timer linkacttime is reset,
if the local rx remains idle and the timer reaches   30 seconds  then
say lnkacttim, if the timer reaches 0 then execute   lnkactmacro   which
should be a disconnect.  Was probably designed for driving out of
coverage but works to keep the link up as long as you keyup at least
once an hour (just thump it).

...STeve - KF5VH