[App_rpt-users] Significant Problem with ASL

Michael Gurski m.gurski at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 07:11:52 UTC 2018

Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz 6GB RAM 80GB HDD

Previously ran with Centos 5 ACID.  This box ran for 5 years, without issue.

1) MTR2000 UHF w/ URI 2) Remote Base CDM1250 VHF w/URI

Upgraded to ASL from ACID

ASL has been nothing but issues.  First,  what led me to the issues, COP,48 that we use for DTMF control, sounds "jittery" kind of like packet loss.  But, it's local to a local transmitter.  Second, linking two local nodes, on the same box, has significant "jittery symptoms", again, kind of like packet loss, on the same box.  Third, linking to node 2560 Insomniac Net sounds like jittery mess.

Jitter buffers are set exactly the same as they were on ACID.  RPT.conf, same as ACID, extensions.conf same as ACID, usbradio.conf, same as ACID, you get the idea.  Even to make sure, usb_tune file were still in check, I grabbed the service monitor and retuned usb_tune_XXX files.  I am at a loss here.

I have loaded 64 bit ASL first and then tried 32 bit ASL, no difference.

Something is wrong.  Anyone have the same symptoms?

73, Mike K0GUR