[App_rpt-users] Node Type

mwbesemer at cox.net mwbesemer at cox.net
Wed May 16 18:05:33 UTC 2018

Perhaps a better way to phrase my question would be:

When setting up the Radio Configuration for the node (on
allstarlink.org), what is the node type?  My choices are Repeater (full
duplex), Simplex, Simplex with CT, or Remote Base.

My thought process would be that 'Repeater' would be used if the node
was physically attached to the repeater (through the controller),
Simplex would be used to allow local stations to access ASL via RF, and
that Remote Base is used to link the node to a repeater via RF (which is
what I'm doing).

Am I all wet?

And while I'm at it, what about Interface Type (usbradio, simpleusb, or
beagle) and Interface Variety (URI or USB FOB, NHRC, or Dingotel).  I'll
be using one of Kevin Custers RA-42's.

Tnx,

Mike - WM4B

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:44 PM, mwbesemer at cox.net wrote:

> "links to the repeater only via the repeater input/output"... so no.
>
> Mike
> WM4B
>
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Mike wrote:
>
>> Can you change the freq of operation of the radio attached by command
>> 'within/though" this node # ?
>>
>> ...is the answer to your question. location does not matter.
>>

>> ...mike/kb8jnm
>>

>> On 5/16/2018 12:54 PM, mwbesemer at cox.net wrote:
>>> If a node is established at a location different from that of the
>>> repeater and links to the repeater only via the repeater
>>> input/output, would it be considered a non-frequency agile
>>> remote-base?
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> WM4B