[App_rpt-users] Echolink....

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Sat May 26 19:58:06 UTC 2018

On 05/26/2018 11:36 AM, Mike wrote:

> ASL does not 'try' to do anything but emulate a echolink port in
> attachment to a ASL node..
>
> Can it (tcp 5200) forward though the NAT ?  ASL will not do that for
> you. It will take it if it can get there.
>
> It should be in the norm with your udp 5198 5199 forwards.
>
> And there can't be some other device with echolink on the same side of
> the nat.
>
> So switching your phone to use cell data is a must unless you have
> more than 1 ip at home./site
>
> It might appear that it can be done, but I suggest not correctly for both.
>

> ...mike/kb8jnm

In addition to what Mike has stated above:

Also restart your node/Asterisk, run the following command on the
Asterisk console, try to connect and post the output to the mailing list
(someone may be able to help you with your problem using this information):

echolink debug level 7

(To turn off, echolink debug level 0)

This will turn on chan_echolink debugging and may give an indication of
what is going wrong.

Note that you may have to connect to the Asterisk console using
something similar to "asterisk -cvvvvr" to get the output from the
echolink debugging command.

-Stacy
KG7QIN