[App_rpt-users] Audio Delay on Xmit with new repeater build

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Thu Nov 22 02:27:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:20:37 PM PST jerutley at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello list!

> Another question - can the AllStar version of Asterisk directly play
> MP3-formatted audio?  I'm considering some functions using Amazon's Polly
> Text-to-Speech service, which provides MP3 files, so I'm wondering if
> Asterisk could play them directly, or if I'd have to use sox to convert them
> to another format first.

Use 'sox' to convert mp3's to a format you can use.
sudo apt-get install sox /libsox/-fmt-/mp3/

For example you can use 'sox xxx.mp3 xxx.wav'  to convert from mp3 to wav.
Sox supports almost 100 different sound file formats as well as a large number
of special effects.
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
SvxLink Repeaters: http://pnw220.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be;
and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”