[App_rpt-users] Allison speech messages / telemetry volume

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Oct 21 20:14:50 UTC 2018

Ed,

I just participated in the scouting JOTA event as well. Yes, the audio
levels were all over the board, from clipping on every syllable to quieter
than a mouse.  I think many/most of these stations where coming in via
echolink, not natively via AllStar, etc.

Unfortunately, there isn't any easy fix for this. The linkmongain setting
won't fix this, it is only for monitor mode (connecting with *2).

Telemetry ducking features are not implemented in the stock code release,
as far as I know.

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018, Edbathgate wrote:

> I was doing a scouting event, and experienced a number of the tx-ing
stations with low audio, so I was cranking my volume and straining to
hear the other stations, when a blasting disconnect message comes through.