[App_rpt-users] Remote Base Questions

Rachel Olivero rachel at olivero.us
Sun Sep 2 04:17:49 UTC 2018

Mike,

I just saw this. SO I'll try and explain it better. I can jump on tomorrow if it'll be easier to talk out.

If I set the TM-D700 and an HT to a simplex frequency, I have no problem. I can transmit from iaxRpt and it keys the radio, sends my  voice, and I hear it  on the HT. I can reply on the HT and I hear the transmission in the headset connected to iaxRpt.

The trouble comes in when I set the TM-D700 to a repeater frequency. Normally, transmitting with an HT, one would hear the courtesy tone and hang time tail of the repeater. Neither of which I hear if I key a repeater when no COS signal  is present. However, if someone else initiates a transmission and I key up, respond,  and unkey, I instantly hear the repeater's audio coming from the D700. The best I can figure is that app_rpt is not detecting, or perhaps able to detect, COS immediately after PTT  release and it won't detect the COS signal unless it is lost and regained.

Let me know if that makes any more sense.

Thanks,
Rachel