[App_rpt-users] Lies, damn lies, and John David McGough

cnovey at gmail.com cnovey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 19:26:32 UTC 2019

Hamvoip does not participate in a “true collaborative arena” as the actual author of the software intended. They locked (stole) open source code and prevent others from contributing. Until they do what is right and open the code as was intended by the original author, I will not use their version.

Open source projects are OPEN for all to examine and improve. I am always excited to find a new and useful open source project because I know that the community is working together- for both improvements AND watching out for security risks and mal-intent. If Linux was not open source we could all be paying per copy.

I encourage everyone to check out this article that outlines some of the benefits and reasons why keeping something open source AS INTENDED is so important and beneficial.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/209891/10_reasons_open_source_is_good_for_business.html

73,

Clifford

KK6QMS