[App_rpt-users] How to clone SD card for R Pi

K7TPG K7TPG at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:03:17 UTC 2019

You really need to duplicate the SD card on a Linux machine so it gets done right.

I use my R Pi to do this.

First, I have a separate SD card with a current full graphical Raspberry OS. So I remove the AllStar Link version SD card from my Pi and install this SD card and use GPART, the graphical GUI partition manager as Pierre Martel suggested.

I also have two Rocketek Aluminum USB 3.0 Portable Memory Card Reader Adapters...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTQZS4F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can get two from Amazon for $8.99

You can then load the SD card you want to copy into one USB port on the Pi and the SD card to hold the copy into another USB port on the Pi.

Tim Govin
K7TPG
+1.435.655.1520