[FSG-public] Site Update

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Sun May 15 18:02:31 EDT 2016

I went over to the site today and made some progress on things.

A Ex4200 24pt/8POE/2x10g layer 3 switch was installed and cabled up to the
patch panel.

A serial terminal server was installed.

Flashing and roof patch was used to fill in the open hole above the
non-functional AC unit.  The inside of the shelter where the holes for the AC
unit are have been closed up with insulation and HVAC caulk.

The window AC unit we installed up there was attempted to be repaired, but the
replacement control board did not work.  This is a minor issue as the buttons
on the control board that is there does not work, but we now have an IR remote
and it works to control all functions.

The 927.050 repeater was changed to be in "Hearclear" mode for analog access.
 This is basically companding with some IF processing.

We're ready to get some data radios going and internet linking of the
repeaters once the far end of the fiber comes up.

I'm speaking at the TAPR forum at Dayton Friday, so I'll not be able to get
this going next weekend, but I think it will be worth the wait.

73's
--
Bryan Fields, W9CR
Florida Simulcast Group, Inc.