[FSG-public] 220 MHz CDM1550

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Wed Sep 7 21:13:17 EDT 2016

I've come on a bit of an opportunity here with a good price on some 220 MHz
Motorola CDM1550
<http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/products/two-way-radios/analog-business-radios/discontinued/cdm1550-ls.html#tabproductinfo>'s
for sale.   They can be converted to the ham band and I'm willing to take care
of this on the hardware/software side of things.

These are really great mobile/base for the 220 band, much better in RF
performance than any of the Chinese models on the market.  They do require a
simple programing cable and some software, but it's rather easy to use.  The
rest of the mod opens them up for 216-225 MHz, 255 channels, and 35W out. you
get MDC, emergency response and QCII signaling as well.  They come with a
microphone.

These were made for the NJ turnpike authority and have a GPS in them.  I've
never seen this option before, so I made a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXTOw0r0Og

I'm gauging interest with this, if you want one let me know, they will be $100
per radio with local pickup.  I'll have them programed with all the Tampa Bay
220 repeaters in them.

73s

--
Bryan Fields, W9CR