[FSG-public] 220 MHz CDM1550

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Thu Sep 8 00:27:24 EDT 2016

On 9/8/16 12:04 AM, Bill Williams wrote:

> If you do this I will buy one.

Ok, I'll put you down for one.  Please note this is me personally doing this,
not an FSG sponsored thing.

> What would be my cost to be able to program the radio myself later when the
> repeaters change?  I assume a cable and software.

You'll need a cable and a windows XP or 7 machine with a serial port.  Some
serial adapters will work, others will not, just get a real serial port and be
done with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260875360714

This cable will program both the CDM and the HT's in the Waris series.
Software is easy to install, it's not like the Maratrac radios :)

> On a completely different subject ...  How does one borrow your demo radio
> setup for the Hamwan?  I am looking at it for both the repeater and packet
> station on County Center and the RACES radio room at the new Hillsborough
> County EOC.

FSG has a few setups, I'd probably like to help you out with this, and show
you the ropes of it.  It's not the easiest thing to work with if you've never
seen it before.

We'd need to have at least a piece of braided/shielded cat 5 installed from
the roof and grounded to the area you want to interconnect the system to.

What are the coordinates of both locations or addresses and how high will be
be?  I can run a path profile from the site to you.

> On a third completely different subject ...  Are you or someone else in your
> FSGP organization interested in marketing at the Tampa Bay Hamfest?  I can
> give you a booth, a standard 10 ft x 10 ft with two 8 ft tables.  Also I have
> time available in my forum schedule so if you want to do one that can be
> done.  Let me know what you are thinking.

Awesome, we may be.  I'll talk with some of the others involved here (or they
can speak up here!).  I know we're trying to get a banner together for hamwan
at DCC.

Will you be at DCC next weekend?

73's
--