[FSG-public] 5.9 GHz is open for commercial users

Thomas Schaefer toms at xmission.com
Sat Mar 28 02:56:52 UTC 2020

Hi Bryan,

I was just asking about the STA. I read it and the STA does not grant authority within 75 km of this area. I was not commenting on how it is can be a foot in the door with the potential for an STA to become permanent.

When I asked what I was missing, it was about that the STA did not seem to impact this area because of the 75km restriction near government sites. Given a literal reading of the STA, I was not inferring all you put in your reply so you must have further information on those motives I missed—hence the question of what I was missing.

Am I reading this STA wrong and it does allow operation within 75 miles of the sites like MacDill and Anclote?

Regards,

Tom NY4I