[App_rpt-users] EchoLink and the CLI

Bob Roszkowski bob at w5evh.org
Mon Sep 3 21:45:32 UTC 2012

When I first setup EchoLink on my HUB node, I could log into the CLI from
remote and monitor the activity of the node.  I would see that EchoLink
would update its databases about once a minute or so and when ever someone
on EchoLink connects to the node, I would see what the station was.  It
actually listed their Call sign.  If you looked at the status page for
AllStar, it would show all the nodes connected as well as the EchoLink
stations with their call sign.  I know there is an "undocumented feature"
that AllStar does not show the correct EchoLink node number because it
could be going through a proxy or relay, But it showed the correct call
sign in the status and CLI.  I never had success getting the EchoLink  call
signs to properly announce them selves.  I decided to update the SVN to the
latest.  After I was done, I noticed no activity in the CLI for EchoLink.
Also, when an EchoLink station connects, it just says "Connected (hub node
#)"  I tried changing the verbosity of the CLI, but nothing changed for
EchoLink.

Im not looking to get the announcement working, although it would be nice,
but I would like to get the information in the CLI working again.

Has anyone else experienced this?  How do I resolve it?