[App_rpt-users] Slow green led flashing on uri?

Anthony Percy anthcp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 11:36:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,
The plot thickens.... I need to explain what I mean by the flashing
green LED on the C-Media based URI... Normally when it is connected to
our main repeater allstar PC and working, it flashes at about once a
second... However on the new ASUS mobo Allstar ACID build it only
flashes about once every 2-3 seconds once asterisk has started... As
you have guessed it does not pass repeater audio in this state. But it
did once when it was unplugged and then plugged in, it flashed at once
a second and the repeater audio worked on the new ASUS mobo.

Has anyone had a similar experience???
Its looking more like to me that it is a problem with the latest ACID
install and the new ASUS i3 motherboard we are using....
Whats strange is there are no errors in the message logs ( system and
asterisk) or when you debug rpt in the asterisk console...
The other symptom is sometimes when you plug or unplug the URI in, it
hangs the PC!!!

Could some explain why the URI flashes at once a second when it is
operational and under what condition it would flash slower???

Regards

Anthony VK2ACP